Parking Citation Appeals
Appeals may be submitted using the link below. Appeals are received by the Administrative Lieutenant and must be filed by the date designated on the citation in order to avoid late fees.
Late fees do not accrue while a citation is under appeal. If the appeal is denied, late fee escalation resumes once a judgment is given.
If you have difficulties appealing a citation online, call the Oakland University Police at (248) 370-2826 for assistance. The appeals process is not an alternative to full compliance with the parking regulations; therefore, the following issues are NOT legitimate grounds for an appeal.
- I only parked in that space for a few minutes.
- I didn’t see the sign.
- I’m not familiar with the parking rules and regulations.
- I didn’t have change.
- There aren’t enough legal/convenient parking spaces.
- No one else received a ticket.
- I have never received a ticket before in that area.
- The fine is too much.
- Time constraints, I was running late.
- I was only parked or stopped for a brief period of time.
- This offense has never been enforced before.