Deliveries on Campus
Oakland University is a pedestrian friendly campus, which means there may be limited road access to buildings located near the center of campus. This can make deliveries to campus buildings challenging. It is best to plan your route ahead of time and consult with your point of contact if you have any questions.
To avoid receiving a citation from the OU Police Department, delivery drivers should:
- Plan their route before arriving on campus by consulting the campus map or coordinating with their point of contact for the delivery.
- Use available loading docks for active loading and unloading.
- Move their vehicles out of the loading dock and into a legal parking spot when not actively loading and unloading.
- Avoid loading/unloading while parked on a campus street which could result in a citation for impeding traffic.
- Avoid driving and/or parking on the grass and sidewalks.
- Avoid parking in fire lanes.
If you have any questions regarding deliveries on campus, please contact the OU Police Department at (248) 370-3331.