Thank you for your interest in joining the Oakland University First Aid Support Team (FAST). After completing this application, you will be one step closer to joining an elite group of highly trained and professional student responders who positively impact the lives of the community members we serve.
Your application will be kept on file for the entire current academic year. When openings on the team arise, you will be contacted by one of the FAST Captains to schedule an interview.
- Possess a valid State of Michigan Driver's License.
- Ability to attend team meetings on the first Saturday of each month between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Ability to attend an eight-hour training session the first Saturday in September.
- Ability to pass an extensive criminal and driving history background check.
- Successful completion of the following independent study courses:
Steps in the application process
- Complete the online application After reading the important information on this page, click "Continue to Application" to begin the online application. You will be asked basic questions about yourself, your involvement on campus, and about any certifications you may already have. Your progress cannot be saved, so please make sure you have time to complete the entire application at once (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Attend an interview When an opening on the team becomes available, you will receive an email from one of the team captains if you are selected for an interview. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes and are conducted by two FAST Captains and the Director of the Police Support Services Division. The goal of this interview is to get to know you a better and give you a chance to show why you would be a good fit for FAST.
- Final selection The final selection will take into account all aspects of your application including the interview. If you are accepted, you will receive an email welcoming you to the team and an email with general information about the next steps as a new employee. If you are not selected, your application will be kept on file for the entire current academic year for future consideration.