Graham Health Center
Upon receiving a lock down directive through one or more of the methods comprising the OU Alert Notification System, the following procedures will be implemented:
All exterior doors of the Graham Health Center Building Lobby and Environmental Health and Safety Office and all interior doors to the Counseling Center, Health Center and Office shall be locked. Except the exterior door to Environmental Health and Safety which remains locked at all time. In addition, the roll down windows at Counseling and Health Center Reception should be closed and locked.
During any lock down process, occupants should be advised to:
- remain calm and quiet
- stay away from windows and doors
- not enter building corridors
- close window treatments
- turn off lights, computer monitors, televisions and radios
- turn cell phones to vibrate and refrain from using telephones except for emergency notification to the OUPD at (248) 370-3331
- assist persons with disabilities who may be in need
Remain in the room/building, even if a fire alarm has been activated, unless:
- an “all clear” message has been disseminated through the University’s Emergency Notification System
- occupants are in imminent danger
- occupants have first hand knowledge of a fire that is an imminent threat
- advised to leave by a uniformed emergency first responder (police, fire, etc.)
No one should attempt to physically restrain any person who demands to be allowed to leave a locked down room or facility.
Patients located in the GHC lobby should take cover following the same procedures identified above either within the Health Center or the Counseling Center. The lobby is not suitable shelter for occupants.
Graham Health Center Staff – Duties and Responsibilities
Exterior Doors to GHC lobby should be locked by individual responsible for opening/closing Graham Health Center on a daily basis.
EH&S Staff are responsible for locking exterior entrance to the office.
Health Center and Counseling Center staff are responsible for notifying patients and/or canceling appointments (as feasible).
Employees that are in vehicles (personal or University) are to leave campus and remain off campus until they are notified of an “all clear”.