Oakland University's Report & Support Team exists to facilitate a multidisciplinary, coordinated response to reports of students, employees, or other individuals on campus who have engaged in behavior indicating a possible threat of harm to self or other members of the campus community.
The goals of Report & Support include:
- Support a safe, productive working and learning environment
- Educate the campus community to identify and report potential threats
- Provide early, prompt, and effective intervention
The Report & Support Team meets to assess the likelihood of risk and identify actions that can be taken to potentially mitigate the risk. The team also works to help faculty, staff, and administrators effectively interact with such individuals, establish clear behavioral expectations, and describe the potential consequences for failure to meet those expectations within the context of established University policies.
What to Report?
- Anything that raises suspicion or concern
- Persistent disorderly or substantially disruptive behavior
- Unusual, bizarre, or disturbing behavior
- Threats of violence or physical harm
- Destructive behavior
- Stalking behavior
- Acts of violence
- Possession of a dangerous weapon or firearm on campus
Contacting the Team
The Report & Support Team becomes involved when any member of the OU community submits a referral via online form.