Meadow Brook Hall
Upon receiving a lock down directive through one or more of the methods comprising the OU Alert Notification System, the following procedures will be implemented:
Assemble all occupants to the shelter location.
- Assess location of all occupants, including those that may be in the tent or on the terrace, and direct the to assemble in the lower level away from windows.
- Assist those with special needs.
Lock exterior doors of the building, close first floor windows.
During any lock down process, occupants should be advised to:
- remain calm and quiet
- turn cell phones to the vibrate mode
- refrain from using the telephone except for emergency notification to the OUPD at (248) 370-3331
Remain in the shelter area, even if a fire alarm has been activated, unless:
- an “all clear” message has been disseminated through the University’s Emergency Notification System
- occupants are in imminent danger
- occupants have first hand knowledge of a fire that is an imminent threat
- advised to leave by a uniformed emergency first responder (police, fire, etc.)
No one should attempt to physically restrain any person who demands to be allowed to leave a locked down room or facility.
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES – Normal Business Hours
Upon notification from the Emergency Notification System, the designee will notify remaining staff through the phone paging system that lock down procedures are in effect.
Event Managers will assist in moving guests to the shelter area in the Lower Level (Fountain Room, Undercroft, Games Room, service corridor).
Facility Operations Staff will be stationed at the exterior doors (front door, Loggia doors, Sun Porch, Breakfast Room) ready to lock once guests who are outside have entered the building.
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES – Evening and Weekend Hours
OUPD will notify front desk (x 6202).
Evening Receptionist/Evening Houseman will notify the event manager on duty and catering staff that lock-down procedures are in effect and secure exterior doors once guests who are outside have entered the building. Exterior doors will include: front door, Breakfast Room door, Loggia doors, and Sun Porch doors.
Event Manager on Duty and Catering Staff will assist in moving guests to the shelter area and give instructions to guests as listed above.