Upon receiving a lock down directive through one or more of the methods comprising the OU Alert Notification System, the following procedures will be implemented:
All exterior doors of the facility and all interior doors of rooms and offices shall be locked. The inner-vestibule doors of the building shall also be locked.
During any lock down process, occupants should be advised to:
- remain calm and quiet
- stay away from windows and doors
- not enter building corridors
- close window treatments
- turn off lights, computer monitors, televisions and radios
- turn cell phones to vibrate and refrain from using telephones except for emergency notification to the OUPD at (248) 370-3331
- assist persons with disabilities who may be in need
Remain in the room/building, even if a fire alarm has been activated, unless:
- an “all clear” message has been disseminated through the University’s Emergency Notification System
- occupants are in imminent danger
- occupants have first hand knowledge of a fire that is an imminent threat
- advised to leave by a uniformed emergency first responder (police, fire, etc.)
No one should attempt to physically restrain any person who demands to be allowed to leave a locked down room or facility.
KRESGE LIBRARY STAFF – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Stop all meetings and events in the building.