John Dodge House
Upon receiving a lock down directive through one or more of the methods comprising the OU Alert Notification System, the following procedures will be implemented:
All exterior doors of the building shall be locked.
All interior doors of the building shall be closed.
During any lock down process, occupants should be advised to:
- remain calm and quiet
- stay away from windows and doors
- not enter building corridors
- close window treatments
- turn off lights, computer monitors, televisions and radios
- turn cell phones to vibrate and refrain from using telephones except for emergency notification to the OUPD at (248) 370-3331; the OUPD should only be contacted if there is an immediate threat to the John Dodge House
- assist persons with disabilities who may be in need
Remain in the room/building, even if a fire alarm has been activated, unless:
- an “all clear” message has been disseminated through the University’s Emergency Notification System
- occupants are in imminent danger
- occupants have first hand knowledge of a fire that is an imminent threat
- advised to leave by a uniformed emergency first responder (police, fire, etc.)
No one should attempt to physically restrain any person who demands to be allowed to leave a locked down room or facility.
JOHN DODGE HOUSE STAFF – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Stop all meetings and events in the building.
Move all occupants to the upstairs corridor of the building.