In the event of an information technology compromise, notify the following offices:
- Email email@example.com
- For an emergency during non-business hours, contact the OU Police Department at (248) 370-3331.
An “event” could be defined as one of the following:
- An entry or attempted entry via unauthorized access in any Oakland university information system with the intent to compromise the system or to compromise the integrity of the system.
- An entry or attempted entry via unauthorized access in any Oakland university information system with the intent to use that system to launch an attack on a system external to Oakland University, or to compromise that external system or to compromise the integrity of that external system.
- Any process or technology that attempts to use university owned systems as a conduit for unauthorized activity on another system.
- Any process or technology that targets university owned systems with unauthorized activity.
- An information technology tool or process used to make physical threats, suspicious communications, fraud or any potentially illegal or criminal activity.
- Failure of the operation of the telephone system. In the event of telephone service outage, the OU Police Department must be notified immediately.
- Failure of electrical systems.
- Fire anywhere in Dodge Hall. In the event of a fire alarm affecting Dodge Hall, the OU Police Department should be contacted immediately.
- Verified fire in any campus building.
- Damage due to lightning, storms or tornado.
- Damage due to physical break-in.