In the event that a student, visitor or fellow employee sustains an illness or injury, Oakland University employee’s should make every effort to assist that person as follows:
Life Threatening Situation
- Call OU Police and give the exact location and nature of the emergency.
- Do NOT move the victim if there appear to be major injuries involved.
Non Life Threatening Situation
- Call OU Police and give the exact location and nature of the emergency
- The following individuals should be contacted:
- If an employee is injured or ill, the employee’s supervisor should be contacted immediately. Serious illnesses/injuries should also be reported to the vice president of the division in which the employee works.
- If a student is seriously injured or ill, the dean of Students should be notified; the dean will then notify the injured student’s parents or guardians.