An incident of arson was reported to the Oakland University Police Department (OUPD) on Thursday, June 21, 2018, at 10:02 p.m. The arson occurred in South Foundation Hall on June 21, 2018, at approximately 8:30 p.m. An unknown person or persons set fire to a third-floor, women’s bathroom.
The OUPD was also notified on Thursday of two similar incidents that occurred at the following times and locations:
- June 1, 2018 – South Foundation Hall, third-floor, women’s restroom
- May 2018 – Hannah Hall second second-floor men’s restroom
The Oakland University Police Department would like all campus community members to consider the following:
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious on campus, contact the OUPD immediately.
- If you see or smell smoke on campus, call 911 and activate the nearest fire alarm pull station.
- Except when a building is in lockdown status, evacuate the building if a fire alarm sounds.
- If a fire alarm sounds in a building that is in lockdown status, evacuate the building only if your life is threatened by fire or smoke.
Anyone with information regarding the arson incidents noted above is asked to contact the OUPD at (248) 370-3331. You may also submit an anonymous tip to oupolice.com/tip.
For more information about the Clery Act and why you are receiving this federally mandated crime warning, please visit oupolice.com/clery/statement.
You can contact the OUPD at (248) 370-3331 or by emailing [email protected]