It was reported to the Oakland University Police Department that on Thursday, August 23, at approximately, 1:30 p.m., an attempted sexual assault had occurred on main campus at the Campus Recreation Center.
A Campus Security Authority reported that an adult male was approached by an unidentified male in the men’s locker room. The suspect reached into the shower stall and attempted to touch the victim’s genital area.
After a verbal confrontation in the locker room, the suspect left the area.
The suspect is described as a white male in his mid-20s, standing approximately 5 feet, 9 inches tall with black, curly hair, a mustache and goatee. An arrest has not been made in the case, but OUPD is following up on a possible suspect.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is advised to contact the Oakland University Police Department at (248) 370-3331.
The Oakland University Police Department reminds campus community members to:
- Always seek consent. Stop your sexual advances if the other person indicates no interest, and especially if they say “no.” Engaging in any type of sexual activity without the explicit consent of your partner is sexual assault.
- The absence of a “no” is not a “yes.”
- Call for help if you witness a crime.
- Trust your instincts. If a situation or location feels unsafe or uncomfortable, it probably isn’t the best place to be.
- If you feel your safety is at risk, or need assistance or an escort on campus, please contact the Oakland University Police Department.