Oakland University will close its main campus and Macomb County sites on Friday, February 9, due to adverse safety conditions expected with considerable snow accumulations throughout the day. All Friday classes are canceled and all University office and service provider sites will be closed. Thursday, February 8, evening classes are taking place as scheduled.
A number of campus events remain scheduled to take place evening on Friday. These include:
- Michigan Open Swim Meet in the Aquatics Center – 3-9 p.m.
- OU Men’s Basketball Game in the O’rena – 9 p.m.
- Alumni Dinner in the Oakland Center – 6:30 p.m.
- Meadow Brook Hall dinner – 5 p.m.
- Meadow Brook Theater performance – 8 p.m.
Campus community members who keep vehicles on campus beyond normal operating hours are advised that a snow emergency is not being declared at this time. Vehicle owners should – as always during wintery conditions – be prepared to move vehicles from parking lots that need to be plowed if and when a snow emergency is declared.
The Oakland University campus and Macomb sites are scheduled to resume normal operating hours on Saturday, Febrauary 10.