Following a report from the Great Lakes Water Authority regarding a water main break and subsequent repair activities, portions of the Oakland University campus have been affected by a boil water advisory. Buildings on main campus are not affected.
Specific campus and affiliated areas that are affected by this advisory include:
- Faculty subdivision
- Student cottages on Adams Road
- John Dodge House
- Meadow Brook Greenhouse
- Steve Sharf Clubhouse
- Golf Pavilion
- OU Incubator
- Meadow Brook Hall
- Sunset Terrace
- Meadow Brook Music Festival
Boil water instructions:
Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute. Let cool for 15 minutes before drinking. Store the cooled water in a clean container with a cover.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, coffee, juices, or fountain soft drinks.
- Cook with tap water ONLY if food is boiled for at least one minute.
- Wash hands and bathe/shower as usual.
- Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed.
- Wash laundry as usual. Laundry washed in hot or cold water is safe.