On Thursday, June 22, at approximately 2 a.m., the Oakland University Police Department received information from the Auburn Hills Police Department regarding a possibly suicidal person who may be armed with a weapon near campus.
According to the report, the individual is described as a white male in his 20s with shoulder length hair and wearing a blue, long-sleeve, button-down shirt. The person was last seen in the area of Boulevard Apartments across from the Oakland University campus on Walton Blvd. He remains at large.
Anyone who sees or has information about this individual should dial 911 immediately.
It can be assumed that conditions continue to exist that may pose a threat to members and guests of the campus community. Heightened awareness of surroundings is recommended.
At all times, the OU Police would also like to remind the community to:
- Report all suspicious activity to the OU Police
- Utilize the “Visual Escort” program for walking escorts
- Travel in groups and avoid going out alone at night
- Stay alert to your surroundings and the people around you. Avoid wearing headphones, talking or texting on your cell phone, or anything which can distract you
- Travel in well lighted, busy pathways and streets
- Carry your cell phone with you and be prepared to call 911 in case of emergency or crime of violence
- If you witness a crime of violence, make note of the suspect’s description and direction of travel
- Program the number for The OUPD (248-370-3331) into your cell phone
- Know where the blue emergency phones are around campus. A map of campus emergency phones can be found at oupolice.com
- Report all suspicious people and circumstances to the Oakland University Police Department at (248) 370-3331
- Visit oupolice.com for more safety tips.